ARTICLE I– PRINCIPLES:
Section 1.01 — Principles: We may gather and use information as follows:
(1) Notice: We may gather and use information as follows:
(a) Volunteered Information: We will receive and store any information you enter on the Website or give us in any other way that personally identifies you to improve your experience on the Website, to get a better general understanding of the type of individuals visiting the Website, and to enable us to contact you when needed. Typically you will provide information on the Website for the purchase of products or services or when you submit comments or questions for review by us.
(b) Automatic Information: To enable us to provide content that users need and desire, we collect aggregated site-visitation statistics using cookies. A cookie is simply a small data file we place on your computer’s hard drive when you first visit the Website (“Cookie”). This file contains a unique number that helps us identify you when you return to the Website. Cookies are employed by thousands of websites to enhance users’ web viewing experience. Cookies can neither damage user files nor can they read information from users’ hard drives. We combine all usage information provided by such Cookies and we do not monitor your use of the Website. Allowing us to create a Cookie on your hard drive will not give us or any other site access to the rest of your computer’s hard drive, and only we will be able to read the Cookie that the Website creates.
(c) Information Use: We use information for personal identification; to get a better general understanding of the type of individuals visiting the Website; to respond to your requests for donations, comments, or questions; to improve your experience on the Website; to collect aggregated site-visitation statistics; and to alert you to product enhancements, special offers, updated information, and other new services from us.
When you make a donation on DollarDonations.org, we collect your name, e-mail address, IP address, the date of your donation, the amount of your donation, and the organization you donated to. In addition, please visit PayPal to see what information they collect when you make a donation from the Dollar Donations website and use PayPal to process your payment.
We securely transmit your credit card information to PayPal, our payment processor. We do not store this information accept in your PayPal account if you have opted-in to make a recurring monthly contribution to Dollar Donations. When you sign up for a recurring contribution, Dollar Donations will charge the amount you designated to your PayPal account once each month and forward that contribution to the nonprofit recipient you have chosen.
We require your e-mail address when you donate so we may e-mail you a receipt. We may add your e-mail address to our e-mail list to send updates and requests for donations. You can unsubscribe at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe button on the e-mail. If you have any problems with this link, you may unsubscribe by e-mailing email@example.com.
Any user questions or comments submitted to us may become available in the public sections of the Website, including a section entitled “Frequently Asked Questions,” immediately after such questions or comments are submitted to us. If we publicize any user questions, such questions will not contain facts that identify the user or the specific parties involved. We also reserve the right to use any user comments submitted to us for promotional purposes and by submitting such comments to us you agree that we may do so.
We may release any user information if required to comply with law; to enforce or to apply the Website Terms and Conditions; or under the good faith belief that disclosure is otherwise necessary or advisable including, without limitation, to protect the rights, properties, or safety of us or our users.
(2) Choice: We give you a choice as to the type and amount of private information we have, as follows:
(a) Volunteered Information: You can always choose not to provide certain information to us. If you choose not to provide personal information, you can still use many parts of the Website. However, you will not be able to make an online donation. If you have previously provided certain information to us and you desire to remove such information from our databases, or if you do not wish for your information to be disclosed to third parties, you may contact us to remove such information.
(b) Automatic Information: Most web browsers automatically accept Cookies, but if you prefer, you can edit your browser options to block Cookies in the future. The “Help” portion of the toolbar on most browsers will explain how you can prevent your browser from accepting new Cookies, how to set the browser to inform you when you receive a new Cookie, or how to reject Cookies altogether.
(3) Access: We provide you with the ability to ensure that your personal information is correct and current. You may review and update your personal information by contacting us. For security purposes, we require user verification via user’s user name and password to receive personal information.
(4) Security: We protect the security of your personal information. We take steps to protect your data from loss, misuse, alteration, destruction, or unauthorized access. We use sophisticated security technologies to secure users’ ordering information, user name, and password. We encrypt users’ ordering information, user name, and password (including users’ credit card account number) using Secure Socket Layer (“SSL”) technology. SSL is a proven coding system that lets your browser automatically encrypt, or scramble, data before you send it to us. To support this technology, users must have an SSL-capable browser. SSL is one of the safest encryption technologies available. While we use such sophisticated security technology to secure users’ ordering information, user name, and password, we cannot (nor can any service provider) guarantee that any electronic commerce is totally secure.
Section 2.01 — User Safeguards: You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your user name, password, and any account information. It is important for you to be responsible and protect your user name, password, and computer against unauthorized users. It is important to sign off when you have completed using a computer accessible by others.
Section 3.01 — Children: We do not sell products for children. Use of the Website by individuals under the age of 18 is not allowed except under the supervision of a parent, legal guardian, or other responsible adult.
Section 4.01 — Third Party Websites: Please be aware that the Website may have links to third-party websites that may collect personally identifiable information about you. When you click on one of these third-party links, you are entering another website for which we have no responsibility. This Notice does not cover the information practices or policies of such third-party websites. We encourage you to read the privacy statements of all such websites since their privacy policies may be materially different from our Notice.
Section 5.01 — Agreement and Modification: By using and accessing the Website you indicate that you have read and understand this Notice and you consent to the collection and use of information by us in the manner explained in this Notice. This Notice and the Website Terms and Conditions, including without limitation, provisions covering limitations on damages, arbitration of disputes, and the application of Florida law govern any dispute over privacy. By using and accessing the Website you agree to indemnify us for any and all third-party claims resulting from your breach of this Notice or the Website Terms and Conditions. If you have any questions or concerns about your privacy on the Website, please contact us. If you do not accept this Notice, do not access and use the Website. We may revise this Notice at any time without notice by updating this Notice. Any modifications in the way we use personal information will be provided in future updates of this Notice so you are always aware of what information we collect, how we use it, and under what circumstances we disclose such information. Modifications will be effective immediately and will be available on the Website. You should visit this web page periodically to review the Notice. User accepts any such modifications to this Notice by continued use of the Website after such modifications are made.
(5) Charitable Donation Laws: Donations to charities (501(c)(3) organizations are not subject to any contributions limits. You may make unlimited donations to these groups on the site. Dollar Donations cannot be responsible for your treatment of these donations on your tax returns. Charitable donations are tax-deductible for federal income tax purposes. It is your responsibility to report your donations accurately as required and to pay your taxes. We recommend consulting your tax adviser or tax preparer if you have any questions regarding tax law pertaining to your charitable contributions.
(6) Disclaimer of Warranties and Limitation of Liability: THIS SITE IS PROVIDED BY DOLLAR DONATIONS ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. DOLLAR DONATIONS MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WHETHER BASED UPON THE NATURE OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR OTHERWISE, AS TO THE OPERATION OF THIS SITE, OR THE ACCURACY, TIMELINESS, OR COMPLETENESS OF INFORMATION, CONTENT, MATERIALS, OR SERVICES INCLUDED ON THIS SITE. YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THIS SITE AND ANY INFORMATION CONTAINED HEREIN IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK.
DOLLAR DONATIONS WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND ARISING FROM THE USE OF THIS SITE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES.
CERTAIN STATE LAWS DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN DAMAGES. IF THESE LAWS APPLY TO YOU, SOME OR ALL OF THE ABOVE DISCLAIMERS, EXCLUSIONS, OR LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU, AND YOU MIGHT HAVE ADDITIONAL RIGHTS.